Saturday, October 16, 2010

TROLLS


A true child from the 80’s can identify with these dolls, what they stand for… and will definitely find these dolls cute.
When I brought my set of trolls home, my kids were initially disgusted and considered me weird for liking the dolls. Their cousins also had the same reaction and will not go near the dolls.  I have to explain to them that the doll brings good luck to those who stroke their colorful hair.

The genius behind Disney’s Toy Story creatively inserted the appearance of these dolls in a train, which basically appeals to the parents, more than anything, who are watching the movie with their kids. That scene tickled the fancy of my kids and eventually accepted my trolls a bit.

I did some research, and much to my surprise, Troll dolls actually originated in the 1950’s and was created by Thomas Dam. These dolls became a big hit in the late 1980’s and early 90’s.

I guess the troll’s popularity stopped in our era.  But then again, it has reclaimed itself by becoming an icon of the 80’s childhood memories!


No comments:

Post a Comment